Choosing the Right Birth Control
At Lovejoy, we will help you make the best choices when it comes to your own family planning / contraception choice.
Our board-certified doctors, nurses, and experienced counselors are knowledgeable about all forms of birth control (contraception) and can offer you the latest information.
Birth Control Pills
Taken daily, will help prevent pregnancy
Depo-Provera Injection (birth control shot)
- One shot every 3 months provides on-going prevention of pregnancy
- Requires a short office visit for the injection (shot)
IUD & Implant (LARC)
- Mirena IUD: A hormone-releasing (levonorgestrel) IUD (intrauterine device) placed in your uterus to prevent pregnancy for as long as you want for up to 5 years
- Paragard IUD: A non-hormonal copper IUD placed in your uterus to prevent pregnancy for as long as you want up to 10 years
Condoms and foam
- Used by you and your partner every time you have sex
Emergency Contraception (EC)
- Also called Plan B or Morning After Pill
- Second chance at preventing pregnancy
- Most effective within 72 hours but can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex
Birth Control Options:
- Birth Control Pill
- Birth Control Ring
- Intrauterine Device
- Depo Provera Injections
Confidential appointments for procedures are available Tuesday through Saturday, depending on appointment type.